Sec. 8.001. DEFINITIONS. This page:
(1) “Maintenance” means an award in a suit for dissolution of a marriage of periodic payments from the future income of one spouse for the support of the other spouse.
(2) “Notice of application for a writ of withholding” means the document delivered to an obligor and filed with the court as required by this chapter for the nonjudicial determination of arrears and initiation of withholding for spousal maintenance.
(3) “Obligee” means a person entitled to receive payments under the terms of an order for spousal maintenance.
(4) “Obligor” means a person required to make periodic payments under the terms of an order for spousal maintenance.
(5) “Writ of withholding” means the document issued by the clerk of a court and delivered to an employer, directing that earnings be withheld for payment of spousal maintenance as provided by this chapter.
It’s common for one spouse to raise the family while the other one works. In situations like this a home maker does have the right to seek. As an experienced San Antonio Divorce Lawyer, I offer free consultations 7 days a week and can be reached at 210-338-8225